This is my Masterpiece

This is my Masterpiece

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Disneyland Opening Day and Now

One of the treasures of our trip to Disneyland was going with my mom.  She was there at the beginning and it was a delight to see her nostalgia.  I have a sketch of her from Disneyland's opening that I just love. 
 

I can't even imagine what it must have been like to be a Disneyland then.  Her dad, my grandfather had a display on Main Street, "Lights Across America," and with his company, Century Lighting, their illumination engineering was in the design of several of the attractions.  My grandfather also was part of the original "Dancing Waters" design in Las Vegas which was the infant to the glorious "World of Color" we enjoyed during our visit.

Disney Cast Members were great to my mom... made her feel like a celebrity and all.  They gave her a special "Honorary Citizen" button and took her behind the scenes to have her picture taken in front of the castle (that was closed because of the filming of The View.)




No comments: