This is my Masterpiece

This is my Masterpiece

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Radiator Springs -- That. Was. AWESOME!



So after fast passing tickets for World of Color, our first ride of the trip is Radiator Springs Racers. 

As we make our way into the entrance of the attraction I am telling my mom it is like Autotopia and the cast member corrects me, “No you don’t drive the cars here.”  I am thinking, oh that’s even better.   

Then she says and it goes up to 45 miles per hour.  Okay.  Not freaking out… yet.  My mom will be celebrating her 70th birthday in a few months.  And she is a young 70 but I still think gentle rides are appropriate… no need to create a cardiac event.

While we are waiting one of the cars tips over and they have to spend some time (like 15 minutes) fixing it.  Still not freaking out.

We board the ride and are advised how to strap in.  Not freaking out much but the heart is racing a bit faster.  I look over at my mom and her face mirrors what I am feeling, “What have I done?”

With a jerk and a bump we are off riding through Radiator Springs, up hills and around curves… the road splits and another car is beside us… the starting gun pops and we are racing fast!  Whipping around curves, up and down… my hair is flying everywhere and I am holding on too tight to let go until we are at the end of the ride when I reach over to squeeze my mom’s arm.

“I am so sorry mom, I had no idea…”

(Mom replies,)  “That. Was. AWESOME!”


No comments: