This is my Masterpiece

This is my Masterpiece

Friday, October 1, 2010

Rainy Days and Sundays -- I love them!

We enjoyed a little sunshine this afternoon but we loved the rain this morning. Huge rainbow that arced up high in the sky and enough raindrops to get us wet but not deter our morning adventures in the garden. Sundays are my favorite days -- we don't make too many plans, we get caught up on things, and we always find time to be together. This Sunday was no different... well except we woke up -- upside down. Yeah, Lula had confiscated all the pillows at the head of the bed so we made a comfy nest of the blankets and snuggled after the alarm. Gavin sits up and says, "Breakfast, mommy... mmm coffee?" I am a sucker for coffee so I got up. Gavin reminded me, "Iron Man 2?"...yes later. "Aww, when?" After chores -- laundry, dishes, beds and stuff. "K... let's go, come on, get with it." He likes to hustle me along on the weekend, it is revenge for me hustling him along all week. I say, I bet the chickens are hungry. "Cat, mama and Lula." She had snuck off to the boys' room (they were already up so she commandeered their bed). We got sidetracked in the kitchen when we discovered Kris was drinking the coffee. "MAMA, Kris - Coffee??" Yeah, what's that about (somebody's turning 18 -- whatever?) Do you like coffee? Yeah, sometimes. (Any coffee drinkers out there think sometimes is an appropriate answer). So Gavin and I go make our mug of coffee, sort of look off at Kris, look at each other and shake our heads, poser. I say, hey Gav, toast or muffin. "Mmm, popcorn!" No Gav, breakfast... how bout pancakes? "Nah, popcorn." (by this time the bag is out of the cubbord, the chair is pushed up to the counter and he is placing the bag in the microwave. Okay, popcorn for breakfast. I love Sundays. As Gavin hands me the menu for the day. "Mama, draw popcorn!" Okay, what about lunch? "Chicken-noodle-soup." Okay do you want stars or ABCs? "Maaaaaa, chickennoodlesoupppppp." Hrrump, okay Gav, got it. "And orange chicken...." For lunch? "No Maaaa, dinner, k?" Okay. "Draw it." I am thinking what the.... does orange chicken look like using a blue dry-erase marker. I draw a Chinese food take-out container with two chopsticks. It's better than the bowl and spoon I drew for the soup. "Forgot noodles." Whaaaaat? "Noodles, maaaaa, put the noodles in right here!" I draw the noodles, okay? "K, juice." Draw juice? "No maaaaa, in my cup; three ice." Got it, three ice. "Lula's in the rain!" Really? "Look, maaaa!" Let's go get her. And out into the rain we went. I love rainy days and Sundays.

No comments: