This is my Masterpiece

This is my Masterpiece

Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Happiest Place on Earth


I would be remiss to talk about Down syndrome without including Disneyland. Now you may think one has nothing to do with the other but they have EVERYTHING to do with one another. First of all, Gavin LOVES all things Disney. Yes, he knows the difference between Disney channel and say another cartoon channel and he always has. There is a secret T21 bond. I can't explain it or prove it but it is real. His whole face lights up when he sees Mickey Mouse and his Disney friends. So the culmination of loving all things Disney is to visit the D-Land... The best part is that if you have Down syndrome you (and your humble family) can get a Guest Services Pass. This IS the golden ticket. We went to Disneyland and we felt like celebrities, just practically royalty. It could not have been a better experience unless it was also free. It was the trip of a lifetime. If you have a family member with Down syndrome (or another disability) go to Disneyland and let them put the "Special" in special needs. I would go back in a second... in fact I am trying to talk my twins into going for their birthday next year (free on your birthday in 2009) but they sort of laughed at me and asked whose birthday? Okay I love all things Disney too. How can you not when a 6 foot chipmunk walks up to you and hugs you? (Then takes your hat and messes up your hair) I am a kid again, just thinking about it.

No comments: