This is my Masterpiece

This is my Masterpiece

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Learn Everyday, Play Everyday


It is so important to remember we all learn everyday and we should all play everyday. It is easy especially in this fast paced world where we get so busy doing stuff, stuff, stuff... to take a moment to ponder what we do stuff for and take a laughter break.

For instance, since beginning this blog I have learned that committing to 31 days -- Everyday was perhaps a bit unrealistic in my expectations of my "creative" time, as there are days when, well you don't want to hear what I have to say, and yet other days I could write on and on. So what I ought to have committed to was 31 posts in the month of October because that I could do and you would actually want to read it. Notes for next year, right?

Since starting this blog I have also learned that those that comment surprised me... as did those that did not. People I thought would race to the blog are still getting around to it, those that I thought wouldn't be interested read faithfully. Who knew? I am humbled and thankful.

I am at a scrapbook event this weekend. When I return I will have photos to put up for both blogs, so check back in when you have some time to read (six posts) on Monday. Yup, I said that.

Speaking of playing... here's Mister-mister at the top of the slide. When I think about learning and playing, seeing Gavin at the top of this slide captures that. You see, when Gavin first started school this year he only wanted to play in the sandbox... which included throwing sand (not so good if you're his classmate). Anyway, he worked on that, we brought sand toys for him to share and play nice with, which really helped his confidence. Now he runs right by the sandbox heading straight for that "kid filled" jungle gym, the monkey bars and the slide. It's all about learning everyday and playing everyday.

No comments: